The daily adventures and travails of one neurotic, klutzy, hungry, cynical college girl. Tune in for prizes! (offer void where prohibited. See office for details. Not responsible for lost articles.)
|
|
| |
|
|
| |
|
|
|
|
|
|
| |
Monday, May 15, 2006
By gum, I did it.
It took me so many years, but I finally finished the entire series of Anne books by Lucy Maud Montgomery.
Granted, I read the Anne of Green Gables novel many times over in my childhood, with ease and delight. Here was a heroine so much like me and yet so much not- impulsive, imaginative, romantic, clumsy, and in love with almost everyone but herself and yet living in a time when girls were girls, boys were men, and in rural Canada to boot. I felt like "part of the race of Joseph" enough to get the book, but was fascinated by her world so fantastically different from mine, devouring details like transferring a feather tick bed or fashioning a three cornered cup from birch bark.
Anyway, I had over time worked my way through books 1-4, found it difficult to find the rest and had, in my youth, found it tiresome to keep up with LM Montgomery's dramatic descriptive style.
I got a hankering to revisit and I'm glad I did. I finally have some closure over Anne's life.
It feels good to accomplish even a small thing, no?
5:55 PM
|
|
| |
|
|
|
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home