The daily adventures and travails of one neurotic, klutzy, hungry, cynical college girl. Tune in for prizes! (offer void where prohibited. See office for details. Not responsible for lost articles.)


























 
Archives
<< current













 
An Alternate Me

Da Homie

My Fave Cuz

Boo is Coo

Will be on TRL soon

Boo Deja Vu

New Boo Too

Ol' man

His number is on the bathroom wall

Voted Most Talkative

Kruddy Buddy

SLO Korean Girl

Brutally Honest

Mulan Rouge!

Angry Kutie

Ghetto White

RuPaul's words of wisdom

Barry Funny"

Dare to be Moore

Best Week Ever!

LA Comfidential

Yum Yum

The yellows

FOUND!

Electric slut

grace@margaretcho.com





























Food For Thought!
 
Thursday, April 13, 2006  
I remember when I used to watch Korean drama videos with my parents, and sometimes there would be some character who was poor, kind-hearted, and studying/working so hard (to save the family, to leave the situation, to get ahead in school/work so they can win the heart of the dashing hero/darling heroine) that, eventually, there would be a drip, drip of red blood on their desk or papers.

Why, they were working so hard they ignored their own physical health, and here was Mother Nature to remind them that no one is exempt from rest! Their noses were bleeding. Never did the nose begin to bleed while in the shower, on a bus, or during a coffee meet with a good friend or coworker. Always at the desk, most likely in the wee hours of dawn, and steadily enough to warrant a full ride past the upper lip onto the desk.

When younger, I was impressed with the frail nature of these girls (most of these scenes depicted hard working, under appreciated girls. boys- NEVER men- nosebled when they had cancer or when someone punched them in the face) and the physical evidence that their life was tough. Of course, eventually, I began rolling my eyes and shaking my head at the melodramatic cliches found in these mini-series. (Lovers will ALWAYS cross the street, not seeing each other, at the same time, creating tension and miscommunication! Women who retch ARE PREGNANT, there is no feminine indigestion. That asshole who you don't want to date? He's going to come between you and your true love, probably as your new boss at work.)

Well, I'm sitting here now at work, trying to stem the flood of bleeding from my left nostril (a different one than the last time I nosebled like this) and failing pretty faithfully. I actually was working on a list and felt something drip down my face, I reach up with a tissue and come away with a crimson surprise.

I'm still shaking my head and snorting "Fucking typical."

2:49 PM

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
This page is powered by Blogger.