The daily adventures and travails of one neurotic, klutzy, hungry, cynical college girl. Tune in for prizes! (offer void where prohibited. See office for details. Not responsible for lost articles.)
|
|
| |
|
|
| |
|
|
|
|
|
|
| |
Thursday, March 30, 2006
It's a mix of relief and disappointment when you figure out a word you've been using was gleaned from some pop culture wash that you've forgotten about and not your own brain's clever phrase or compound word. Wow. That sentence was really carcinogenic. Let me try again.
I say "Jeebus" sometimes. More so, recently, cause it's been fun doing it. Not that I assumed I was the first to use it, but at the very least, I comforted myself that I didn't hear it from someone or somewhere close to me, making me - in the long scheme of things- original. Ish.
Then I opened a wikipedia link to all made up and popular words/phrases on the Simpsons over the years. Down in the J section, is my affectionate "Jebus." Spelled differently, but the same sentiment. An alternate to "Jesus" used as an exclamation when nothing else will sound right.
Today I wrote an email where I pulled "Lezziebo" from seemingly thin air. It rhymes with gazebo, it's a compound of Lezzy and Lesbo, both cutesy ways of saying "sapphic" or as my friend, A.D. prefers "lesbionic." Suddenly, I'm overcome with the suspicion that someone else has already whispered "lezziebo" to me in the past, and my brain has finally caught up to the present use.
Well, probably not. It's not that clever.
But then again, neither is "Jeebus."
What are we doing but handing over another ticket for another ride on the merry-go-round of snarkasm and wittitude? Like a scary old woman once yelped at me "Nothing new under the sun, people!"
5:10 PM
|
|
| |
|
|
|
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home