The daily adventures and travails of one neurotic, klutzy, hungry, cynical college girl. Tune in for prizes! (offer void where prohibited. See office for details. Not responsible for lost articles.)
|
|
| |
|
|
| |
|
|
|
|
|
|
| |
Wednesday, February 01, 2006

How cute is Teller? I typically sneer at Penn, but Teller is ado-wable.
I like my mens quiet, I guess. Penn is just a little much. Even his Nevada home annoys me. And who would have thunk that I'd enjoy a documentary under his thumb?
The Aristocrats fascinated me the first time I learned about the film. I heard the joke, and of course, being the dumb slut I am, wrinkled my nose and said "I don't get it."
The film is great. It runs like it's a short film, even though it clocks at nearly two hours. There's plenty of DVD extras. I highly enjoyed the card trick best of all, cause nothing like magic and humor to give me a good time. What was a little sad was seeing comediennes from under every rock being filmed at home, their office, or backstage at some Vegas show they're performing that week. It's a little too real, since once they headlined prime time television shows, hung out with Alist crowds, and could snort coke with the best of 'em. Now they're wearing Ross Dress for Less and drinking soda out of plastic water bottles. Not Nalgenes, Arrowheads. It brings the fleeting nature of fame and entertainment to light in a way that gives me asthma.
receptionBR: i finished the aristocrats and margaret cho would have been a great addition receptionBR: they added chris rock saying black/minority comics don't need to be in this film, since their comedy is already ribald, it's okay that it is because typically they didn't get as much exposure as white comics. but then they remark the joke's not about the vulgarity, but the spin each comic brings to it, so why don't you ask more minority comics to add to it?? receptionBR: i didn't see a gay comic, even. receptionBR: unless howie mandel is gay
I wrote this to a friend who told me Margaret Cho wasn't asked to be in the film and that it was a shame. I replied, got lazy, and posted the conversation instead of writing the same gist again.
Good film, not as enlightening as it could have been. But it does grant light to those entertainers that we haven't seen in 3-D usually. It makes these men/women fuller than before I watched. Nicely done, Penn and friend.
12:30 PM
|
|
| |
|
|
|
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home