The daily adventures and travails of one neurotic, klutzy, hungry, cynical college girl. Tune in for prizes! (offer void where prohibited. See office for details. Not responsible for lost articles.)


























 
Archives
<< current













 
An Alternate Me

Da Homie

My Fave Cuz

Boo is Coo

Will be on TRL soon

Boo Deja Vu

New Boo Too

Ol' man

His number is on the bathroom wall

Voted Most Talkative

Kruddy Buddy

SLO Korean Girl

Brutally Honest

Mulan Rouge!

Angry Kutie

Ghetto White

RuPaul's words of wisdom

Barry Funny"

Dare to be Moore

Best Week Ever!

LA Comfidential

Yum Yum

The yellows

FOUND!

Electric slut

grace@margaretcho.com





























Food For Thought!
 
Tuesday, January 31, 2006  
Linda often tells about new fads and I start mocking them heartlessly. Sometimes before I know what they're really about, just cause I'm afraid of being THAT girl. The girl who schedules her classes around MTV's Sorority Life. Or quotes people from Blind Date, without irony. Or jams to some new kid singer who the magazines label as "the next Avril Lavigne!" I'm just scared. But she embraces pop culture like a plate of greasy, chili fries with extra Tabasco sprinkled on top. It's thanks to her I know and love Gilmore Girls, that I know the words and can belt out to Ashlee Simpson's Pieces of You, and I know the various flavors of Hot Pockets.


So, here's to you, sweetie darling. I know I sneered at The Darkness even though you tried to logically convince me of their merit. Now i love their song and i didn't mention it to you, but today, it becomes significant. Sing it with me!


Can't explain all the feelings that you're making me feel
My heart's in overdrive and you're behind the steering wheel

Touching you, touching me
touching you, god you're touching me

I believe in a thing called love
Just listen to the rhythm of my heart
There's a chance we could make it now
We'll be rocking 'til the sun goes down
I believe in a thing called love
Ooh!

I wanna kiss you every minute, every hour, every day
You got me in a spin but everythin' is A.OK!

Touching you, touching me
touching you, god you're touching me

I believe in a thing called love
Just listen to the rhythm of my heart
There's a chance we could make it now
We'll be rocking 'til the sun goes down
I believe in a thing called love
Ooh! Guitar!

Touching you, touching me
touching you, god you're touching me

I believe in a thing called love
Just listen to the rhythm of my heart
There's a chance we could make it now
We'll be rocking 'til the sun goes down
I believe in a thing called love
Ooh!

3:29 PM

1 comments

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm glad you saw the light! pop culture, although annoying, is here to stay through its various mutations :) who is this who has your heart in overdrive??

-linda

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
This page is powered by Blogger.