The daily adventures and travails of one neurotic, klutzy, hungry, cynical college girl. Tune in for prizes! (offer void where prohibited. See office for details. Not responsible for lost articles.)


























 
Archives
<< current













 
An Alternate Me

Da Homie

My Fave Cuz

Boo is Coo

Will be on TRL soon

Boo Deja Vu

New Boo Too

Ol' man

His number is on the bathroom wall

Voted Most Talkative

Kruddy Buddy

SLO Korean Girl

Brutally Honest

Mulan Rouge!

Angry Kutie

Ghetto White

RuPaul's words of wisdom

Barry Funny"

Dare to be Moore

Best Week Ever!

LA Comfidential

Yum Yum

The yellows

FOUND!

Electric slut

grace@margaretcho.com





























Food For Thought!
 
Thursday, January 26, 2006  
I'm trying very hard to cultivate the idea that I'm the kind of office gal, who doesn't like to "mingle" or "gossip" when I come to work. I do my job, I'm polite, and I like to leave everyday to re-enter my real life, that I enjoy having.

Yesterday I think I pissed off a coworker, who was complaining that her job isn't very exciting (accountant/bookkeeper) and it was early in the morning, so I forgot about my invisible muzzle to keep myself from interacting. I replied "Yeah, it's like math class, EVERYDAY" She got mopey and left.

Today I brought in Korean rice cakes to munch on to keep myself awake in the long 8 hours of surfing the web and transferring calls. In case you don't know what they look like, they're white and green lumps with some sweet stuff inside. Nobody asked my coworker to drop by and snoop in my things. I discourage this often, in fact. But she came around to ask about a package. "I will CALL you when your package arrives", is a concept hard to wrap their heads around. As if I hoard mail, for my own amusement. I would, except that would mean more people coming around my area. No, thanks.

Anyway, she sticks her head in my paper bag (not dirty) in order to look at what art project I've got going today. Instead, she sees my snacks, jumps back, and exclaims "What are those, ROCKS??" Yes, genius, I carry rocks around. What does it matter to you? Outloud, I say "No, they're food." She throws back a witty reply. "They look like ROCKS!" and cackles her way back to work.


My indigenous ancestors are proud of how far we've come to accept the cultures of the world.

9:48 AM

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
This page is powered by Blogger.