The daily adventures and travails of one neurotic, klutzy, hungry, cynical college girl. Tune in for prizes! (offer void where prohibited. See office for details. Not responsible for lost articles.)
|
|
| |
|
|
| |
|
|
|
|
|
|
| |
Thursday, January 05, 2006
ALRIGHT, I get it! I'm bad. I don't know what to say as an excuse, except- you know it's been an emotional time. Crazy hectic, and I just found out what the Fall Out Boy song is really saying (I like singing along with nonsense sounds, but once I read the lyrics, I feel another notch of innocence drop) so what I'm saying is, please please forgive me and don't throw this trangression back in my face when, down the line, we start arguing about something completely unrelated, and you're just looking for leverage, when you know you're wrong cause I hate that!
...: Didn't I say it was an emotional time? :...
Okay, so I even went so far as to write down a little list of topics I should have covered by now, but kept pushing back cause... uh, because... you know what?? You just CAN'T let it go?!
Okay, here it is-
1. Disneyland 2. New Year's Eve 3. Friendster woes 4. Serenity extras 5. Gay coworkers who just revealed their plans to get married to their beard this year, after 13 years of being "together" and 8 years of that being "engaged" and having two sons. Oh, wow. I just spoiled that one for ya...
And tomorrow, I'll have a review of Serenity for you, and Friday I go out to Ivar with my gal pals, so maybe there will be something to say about that. If not, it'll be a boring weekend update about pedicures and eye appointments and maybe some rummaging at the mall.
OKAY. *cracks neck and shakes out typing fingers*
Let's go backwards cause that's how I roll, boy.
5. He's seriously getting married? Now? I'm not convinced. He's like the Tom Cruise of my office, which is ironic considering we used to work for Tom Cruise here. But he's not crazy, he's just... you know. And no matter how much evidence he pulls out of his pocket, I'm still chilling in Skeptic City, frowning. He called himself a "perman-an-SAY" which is sooooooooooo gay. It's the permanent version of a fiance, in case that wasn't clear. Usually, when my radar picks up on closeted men who need a little pushing, I'm your girl! But I have no desire to work this one out, so I'm sitting back and wrinkling my nose with every new tidbit I get.
4. Okay, I know that growing up in LA and being part of the media field in general, the longer you are around, the more people you start to recognize on tv or film, and it becomes second nature. I still do the double take, however. Last case in point, I was watching the extra options on the Serenity DVD and one featured the cast and production staff at Comic-Con. Okay, now. I spent some considerable time in San Diego, and even now, if I went to Comic-Con, I would run into at least 12 people I knew. Including 3 vendors, if I'm not mistaken. But it still jolted me, when the playwright of a show I directed appeared on screen, getting autographs and joshing with the cast on the DVD feature. "Eric??" I gaped at the screen. And no, you may NOT call him "Brittle Boy" as I'm strongly discouraging Shannina NOT to do. It's just mean.
3. Okay, you know how when you switch phones, and you have to bring in the numbers you have into your new phonebook? That's like spring cleaning, where you only bring in numbers you actually use or need to have for future references or pranks during crunk parties. Well, on things like Friendster, you add someone, it's like a permanent thing. Maybe I'm just a weenie, but I wouldn't feel comfortable just deleting someone for no reason. I mean, sure, I never talk to them, and I might not even recognize them walking past them on the street, but it's just COLD to say "Hey, I don't need you. I'm going to erase your existance from my life." Old college acquaintances, ex boyfriends, friends of friends who aren't even close to your friends anymore, and questionable family members... Okay, guys, I hear the snickering and yes, I realize that Friendster is totally over- like 14 years ago, I know. But I just thought, MAN, are these people going to be connected to me in cyberspace for eternity?? I do this with email, and I often just start a new account to get fresh. Which is maybe why I've had 7 accounts in the past 5 and 1/2 years.
Oops! I have to go. I'm such a flake. Tomorrow. I mean it.
5:31 PM
|
|
| |
|
|
|
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home