The daily adventures and travails of one neurotic, klutzy, hungry, cynical college girl. Tune in for prizes! (offer void where prohibited. See office for details. Not responsible for lost articles.)


























 
Archives
<< current













 
An Alternate Me

Da Homie

My Fave Cuz

Boo is Coo

Will be on TRL soon

Boo Deja Vu

New Boo Too

Ol' man

His number is on the bathroom wall

Voted Most Talkative

Kruddy Buddy

SLO Korean Girl

Brutally Honest

Mulan Rouge!

Angry Kutie

Ghetto White

RuPaul's words of wisdom

Barry Funny"

Dare to be Moore

Best Week Ever!

LA Comfidential

Yum Yum

The yellows

FOUND!

Electric slut

grace@margaretcho.com





























Food For Thought!
 
Friday, December 23, 2005  
For today's post, I think I'll try to make it through the alphabet, naming the first person I think of with that initial and explain how I know the person. Here we go:

A This one will start out with a couple, cause you all know that once you are in a steady relationship, people only see you as one entity. Okay, A is for Antonia-and-Scott. Sweet people. They both, at one time or another, taught me theatre at UCSD. They are now living together in my neck of the woods and occasionally inviting me out to their get-togethers and work opportunities. I like Antonia and Scott and I like them together, too, which is generous and unusual for me. But I may never get out of my head that they are my "teacher" and I am their "student" and it's hard to befriend your teachers. Like the time, I had to censor myself in front of them so I wouldn't have to admit to my former professors that I was high on pot.


B Okay, I want to cheat and name someone else, but I can only think of my last ex when I wrote the letter B. I don't friends with the name B. Sorry. I know him cause he broke my heart, stole from me, lied, cheated, and disappeared off the face of the earth. He couldn't have been wronger if he stepped on my hair and kicked my puppy. This all sounds a lot more emotional than I really am. It feels more like a movie I saw once and I regret paying the $8 bucks for a lame 2 hours. Only I paid more than a thousand for a REALLY lame 2 years.


C Christina. My little actress buddy who has a card on the living room coffee table with all the tv shows she has to record, watch, rewatch, and discuss with me weekly. Without her, I wouldn't have known the magic of Firefly or Lost. Her family gives me turkey legs every Thanksgiving. I met her through my roommate at the time, and a few days later, used her shower when my other roommate desecrated mine with bleach. The longer I know her, the more I raise my eyebrows in shock, cause still waters run deep. They really do.


D Debbie found me after years of non-contact. It turns out she'd be relegated to hermit status by a bad, bad boyfriend. Now he's gone (mostly) and she's back to being my confidante and general sweet-giver. I met her in junior high when we pretended to be related to feel cooler, I guess. I don't really know how we get along so well, but we do. No matter how long a hiatus, it's always exactly where we left off. We've never even argued in more than 10 years! Or ever, I mean.


E Arg. I need more friends, if I keep thinking of exes. I actually feel badly about this one, cause apparently i broke HIS heart. I didn't know i had it IN me. I'm getting emphatic from my guilt. The thing is, he was my (in a most NOT good way) lesbian relationship and I'm glad he's across the country now, making some other girl slightly unhappy.

F FRANCIS. I first saw him walk into the theatre and a gaggle of girls rushed him and he smiled like Santa amongst elves. Then later that night, his costume ripped on stage, and I was panicked on how to alert him from behind my curtain. Then the next day, I asked him via my other friend about anal douches. Then later that week, we went shopping in a porn store. It's been like that ever since. He's my favorite drug dealer and probably my sister in another life.

G I don't know if we're still friends or not. But the girl who shares my name (and lots of other things, come to think of it.) and I have ridden a fierce rollercoaster along our journey. She's provided me with lots of anecdotes and ideas and lessons about myself. She reminds more of a family member, the way we can butt heads so directly and not talk about it directly. I will always hold a place in my heart, because she's family, no matter what circumstances we've drifted away from. Oh, we met during a show, when I was pretending to be strong and sassy and she was pretending to be shy.

H This will stand for Hottie. And that, of course, refers to my Courtney. I don't think there has ever been a time where Courtney wasn't around. She may not have been visible early than this past year, but she was there- as the voice in my head saying "NO. Don't date that loser." "Honey, you're not wearing that, are you?" "We'll go get some gelato and a mani/pedi. Hush." And I'd sit there, wondering, who IS that voice? Now that I've finally met her non-meta-physically, I can't go back. Courtney equals a good time. That's what the bathroom stalls say, too.

I I don't want to talk about this former friend under this letter, because it's just not worth it.

J James! I have the best brother. He represents much of who I wished I had been when I was younger. He's like a mini me of my dreams. (Yes, I did want to be a boy. Shut it.) I'm so glad I forced my parents to get me a sibling for Christmas when I was 12. Best decision ever.

K Am I a dork for listing two family members in a row? Whatever. My mom has been there through thick and thin. I met her in her womb. Of course she's my friend. She's been anything I've ever needed all my life. Oh, her name's Kaye. I picked it out when she got her citizenship. (I also picked out my brother's name)

L I don't believe there is one person for you in your whole life. I might believe there is ONE perfect roommate in your life. Linda was it. We clicked like Legos and that's rare. She gets it. Period. I miss you, HLM!

Okay, I just spent quite a bit of time with this, so the next half of the alpabet is to come, cause I have to get away from work now. TA, loves!

To be continued...

2:37 PM

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
This page is powered by Blogger.