The daily adventures and travails of one neurotic, klutzy, hungry, cynical college girl. Tune in for prizes! (offer void where prohibited. See office for details. Not responsible for lost articles.)
|
|
| |
|
|
| |
|
|
|
|
|
|
| |
Tuesday, December 27, 2005
December 26, 2005
He Was Riding a Young Buck Last Night
Girl #1: Did you like it? Girl #2: Yeah. It was amazing. Girl #1: What about Eric? Girl #2: He wants to become a gay cowboy now.
--Mary Ann's Restaurant, 2nd Avenue & 5th Street
A snippet from my beloved website "Overheard in New York." Hey, do you pronounce it "be-loved" or "be-lo-ved"? Cause I use the latter, but I heard someone say it the first way, and I'm biggle-boggled now.
Anyway. I had a lovely holiday weekend, complete with a non-drama family dinner, playing with the world's cutest pug girl, finishing my laundry and ironing, thereby having clothes to wear again, shopping during the after-Christmas sales withOUT fighting elbows in my face, eating until I felt like meat was spilling out my ears, and getting the nice rest I so richly deserve. Miss me?
I'm torn between finishing my alphabet ode to my friends, or writing a weepy summation of the movie "Brokeback Mountain" since fate led me to it through the "overheard" I've copied above. In fact, I don't feel like doing either, since I'm at my first day of work, I got caught with another case of insomnia last night (I was sitting by candlelight, eating some old pad Thai, and doing leg exercises to exhaust myself) and I'm utterly bowled over by my ennui. I have written enough to stave off "Where's your entry today, bitch!" thoughts from any readers. So, maybe later, after lunch. Or tomorrow.
DON'T PRESSURE ME!
.: cries :.
9:19 AM
|
|
| |
|
|
|
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home