The daily adventures and travails of one neurotic, klutzy, hungry, cynical college girl. Tune in for prizes! (offer void where prohibited. See office for details. Not responsible for lost articles.)
|
|
| |
|
|
| |
|
|
|
|
|
|
| |
Tuesday, August 02, 2005
the tao of dane
FMH: Any wild and fucked up things you can tell us that you encountered on tour?
DC: I was at a really old lodge doing a show years ago and I went to use the bathroom. On the wall in one of the hallways was an actual photo of Confederate soldiers. Suddenly I was drawn in toward the photograph. I stepped closer to the picture and looked into the eyes of one of the men. I felt at that very moment I was that soldier I was looking at and once that sank in I was transported through time and relived my entire life as Douglas Spears. I had two children Phyllis and George. My wife Emma got malaria after falling in a well. I lived to be 87 and died in a bear attack while protecting my grandchildren on my farm. As soon as I died in that life I was jerked back into consciences in the lodge, composed myself, dismissed it as some kind of fluke and continued into the bathroom where I took a giant shit. One of those craps that feels like your shitting out a box of triangles. When I stood up and looked down carved on the side of my shit were the words IT WAS NOT A DREAM DOUGLAS! Doesn’t get any wilder and more fucked up than that, kid.
11:39 AM
|
|
| |
|
|
|
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home