The daily adventures and travails of one neurotic, klutzy, hungry, cynical college girl. Tune in for prizes! (offer void where prohibited. See office for details. Not responsible for lost articles.)
|
|
| |
|
|
| |
|
|
|
|
|
|
| |
Monday, July 11, 2005
[working backwards to recap the weekend]
I love Christina- who gave me my birthday present (that I didn't pick up from her for a million moons) last night. She totally surprised me with "Early Bird" the book I've been thinking about constantly since I found out about it. I forgot to buy it, and thank heaven, since she bought me a hardcover copy and presented it in a rocking glam-tastic gift bag! Then we tried to chase down the Lotus Festival, but ended up in dank parts of the city that didn't appeal to us. So instead we had Mexican food (where I discovered the chile relleno mystery) and tried to catch Mr and Mrs Smith. Instead we ended up in Fantastic Four. The two seconds into the movie, we turned to each other and I felt the two brains mind meld with the thought "this is going to suck." We were not wrong. Save your money, that movie was scrapped together from the bottom of the barrel. Spineless plot, robotic acting, groan worthy writing (not so much writing as editing all other cheesy action films into one lousy script) and while I had fun cause I enjoy bad movies once i realize it will be stupid, I don't feel the need to see it ever again. And all that talk of Ioan Gruffuld being so hot? NOT really. He's just funny looking. A poor man's Adrien Brody, without the smoldering heat. Chris Evans, do you have any other mode than superficial eye candy? Jessica, they spent all the production money on changing your eye color. Do you feel bad? Or are you just too happy that, in comparison, your acting shone? Michael Chiklis, *sigh* I felt I deserved more from you, Mr Emmy winner.
Working the show Sunday night, hungover and beat tired from the night before was a challenge. Not to mention, I feel so unworthy on the job. I need a break from whatever lifestyle it is I'm trying here. Courtney made it seem so easy- working a job, working a show, and partying at night, traveling on the weekend. I can't be ubiquitous like her. She's got demon blood, apparently.
Sunday morning, I woke up too early, showered the grime, and had my mom chaffeur me to some spicy Korean stew, cause drinking had taken it's evil toll on me. There were at least 6 families eating breakfast before church, and I looked like the Asian Lindsay Lohan after a night on the town. Bless my mom for knowing what a post-drunk girl needs to eat.
EARLY sunday morning was when I was driving high, drunk, blind in one eye, and 85 down the freeway. I'm not recapping the story of how i got to this stage, cause it gets kinda boring from retelling. It's better left to the imagination.
Saturday, I made plans to switch from gas permeable to soft and soon I'll have eden colored eyes! *crossing fingers* After that, I went crazy shopping with my girl, Courtney. We went insane, but I love all my purchases and I don't feel bad at all. In fact, I want to do it again! After spa day, hair dye day, A Fish Called Wanda night, hiking day, Margaret Cho night, beach day, dinner with Joo night, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory night, Star Wars trilogy night (originally complete Star Wars night, before we came to our senses), apt hunting weekend and a whole bunch of stuff I need to get to SOON.
What happened Friday? hmmm....
I want more weekends where I can't remember what happened Friday.
10:10 AM
|
|
| |
|
|
|
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home