The daily adventures and travails of one neurotic, klutzy, hungry, cynical college girl. Tune in for prizes! (offer void where prohibited. See office for details. Not responsible for lost articles.)
|
|
| |
|
|
| |
|
|
|
|
|
|
| |
Wednesday, July 20, 2005
this is in NO WAY a spoiler, so don't fuss. but you can skip it if, like V, you can't hear anything about harry potter until you're finished yourself.
I'm disappointed. I eagerly began devouring JK Rowling's latest, HP and the Half Blood Prince. I was sure there was so much MORE to be enjoyed.
As I began, I noticed I wasn't thrust into a roller coaster ride of thrills, chills, and spills, like I usually was. That's okay, i tried to convince myself, weakly. I expect it will pick up soon. It did not. It was more like riding the tram, where it's kinda uncomfortable, too familiar, and dull.
Halfway thru the book, I was perplexed as to why I wasn't feeling a rush yet. Where was the action, the drama, hell- the laughs? I was plowing thru what seemed like an inept blog of someone I didn't really know. I kept going, since, like many of you, I cannot just give up on a 6 year odyssey.
6/7 of the way done, I felt a little bit better. I was in the moment of the story. It was heartfelt, and I even smiled to myself many times. Not the best, but perhaps it was redeeming itself as a decent entry into the saga of Harry Potter. I waited with baited breath to see how it would turn out.
I finished just minutes ago. I was let down, hurt, and bored. Why, Ms. Rowling, did you not try harder? Why did you leave me even worse than the last book? That one, at least, while hurting me, did so in a fantastical fashion of tragedy, pathos, and love that I understood why i had to be hurt. It was a cruel necessity. THis time around, I felt like you just stabbed me in the leg. I'm perplexed and vexed.
I'll have more to share once people have finished their copies.
12:45 PM
|
|
| |
|
|
|
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home