The daily adventures and travails of one neurotic, klutzy, hungry, cynical college girl. Tune in for prizes! (offer void where prohibited. See office for details. Not responsible for lost articles.)
|
|
| |
|
|
| |
|
|
|
|
|
|
| |
Tuesday, April 12, 2005
You want to hear about how Twilight-Zoney my day has been?
I'm TIRED of all the phone calls from potential bosses trying to hire me. Apparently, I've got an "impressive resume" as more than five have already emphasized within seconds of our initial hello.
Yes. I'm TIRED of being WANTED by people who are trying to give me MONEY.
Of course I think back on my success so far as a steady employee and I yell:
Why the fuck won't you hire me then?
Okay. To be fair, I've been trying to get a job at the top. For a media outlet already stable enough for me to climb the corporate ladder. And it's not been so pretty.
But now that I've whored myself at craigslist and other such niches- the phone is burning with activity.
I have 3 back to back interviews tomorrow. Conveniently from the job i want the most first to the job i don't last. I could get FREE pilates from a celebrity trainer. (He's also French and I could barely make out the conversation. That's hot.)
The only catch in all this is that I really don't want to leave Cho/Taussig. But I do need something more substantial. Sigh. I really do love working there.
1. The office is in Marina Del Rey- we're talking RIGHT on the sand. I love that. Even if I'm scared of running into the Cox family when they go sailing.
2. I love no bullshit coworkers. Karen tells it like it is, Keri is sweet, and who doesn't adore T? I even enjoy the Poms, even when they try to disembowel me via barks.
3. I meet all sorts of maybe-celebs. And they remember me later.
4. The perks beat a 401K. Because I've never had a 401K and I'm not sure what the fuss is about.
5. I can be barefoot. I really prefer letting my foots be free.
8:28 PM
|
|
| |
|
|
|
1 Comments:
i just learned this, but apparently early investment into a 401k can be your ticket to financial security later in life!
-boo
Post a Comment
<< Home