The daily adventures and travails of one neurotic, klutzy, hungry, cynical college girl. Tune in for prizes! (offer void where prohibited. See office for details. Not responsible for lost articles.)
|
|
| |
|
|
| |
|
|
|
|
|
|
| |
Thursday, January 06, 2005
I've come full circle.
Back when the movie first entered theatres, all girl friends decided they were the real life equivalent of Charlie's Angels. (Don't pretend you didn't, you lying bitch) Back then, I was pegged Lucy Liu's character, Alex, cause... you know, I'm asian.
Then a few months later, our friendships wilted and a new group was formed in which I declared myself Cameron/Natalie cause I saw myself as giggly, geeky, and clueless.
But I see now that Francis and Courtney (aka Crack) have put me in my rightful throne of Drew Barrymore's character- Dylan. I just see it.
Anyway, as you can guess, tonight was another round of "girls night out," a tradition that is gaining fuel. I'm glad. They are two people that are LA without being mean or stupid.
Who else would sneak in 15lbs of contraband snacks so we didn't have to pay $4 dollars at the counter inside the theatre? Who else would smack my butt at Gelson's because I accidentally brushed both their butts? (I swear, I'm not after you kids. I'm a slut, but I'm not a perv)
Also how freakin' cute is Topher Grace? To think that someone that hopeless(ly adorable) is an IT actor now. And Brian, if you're reading this, his character in "In Good Company", Carter Duryea, reminds me of you. In fact, his wife says to him, at one point, "Don't sell me." Almost scary, isn't it? It was, again, enlightening in a good way. While someday, I may stop comparing my life to celluloid counterparts- for now, I'm satisfied with learning from them, instead of breaking down when I think it's a sign.
Random trivia: Shishir Kurup, the playwright for "As Vishnu Dreams", was the Maitre'd in the movie. The three of us kept shouting SHISHIR at the screen cause we were so excited. Or was that just me? We even stayed for the credits to make sure. But it turns out, that's not his wife, Page as the OB/GYN. It's Lauren Tom, who played Ross' Chinese girlfriend. Just another case of asian people looking like each other...
11:50 PM
|
|
| |
|
|
|
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home