The daily adventures and travails of one neurotic, klutzy, hungry, cynical college girl. Tune in for prizes! (offer void where prohibited. See office for details. Not responsible for lost articles.)
|
|
| |
|
|
| |
|
|
|
|
|
|
| |
Wednesday, February 18, 2004
Once in awhile, especially after a grueling week, certain people will surprise you- for better or for worse.
Last night, my good ol' roomie and I bonded- after months of us being AWOL with each other! It was particularly sweet since the Gilmore Girls last night mirrored our lives... I cried as I watched Lorelai and Rory freak out, and knew that I was going through the same crap. Overly sensitive, I know.. but it was cathargic. Cathartic? Hmm... I felt rejuvenated. There.
I just want it to be known that Linda is the best person I've met here at UCSD, no joke. She won't believe me, but I've adored her since the time we met. Or, accurately, since we began AIM-ing each other before we met. Hahahah, that says alot about us already. Dorkies.
I think it's time for me to get my act together. I got my old job back and I'm going to graduate, come hell or highwater. I don't know what's ahead of me, but it's no longer okay for me to wallow in self-pity and doubt. I needed a wake up call and I've got it. It's not cool for me to be so self-indulgent like this, and also, I don't feel any better about it. I thought I needed a break to de-stress, but I only let my life pile up on me, and I must get back on track. Thanks to all my patient friends and family for not nagging, even though I could tell you were itching to hit me. I would have hit me, too.
Today, I went to UCTV and had to use the bathroom (tangent- certain places make me pee non-stop, UCTV and Joan's spare bedroom are prime examples...). It was raining and I had on a tank-shell. I ran into the bathroom and an elderly lady was in there. We gave each other the polite smile and turned away. Then we both turned back to each other at the same moment and said "You know, it's raining outside..." at the SAME TIME! We laughed about that, before I ran to pee. It felt nice to make a small connection with a stranger. I think that's why I like making new friends. It's a drug.
Speaking of new friends, my actor from La Ventana, Christina Barsi, is pretty damn cool. Not only was she awesome to work with, I love talking to her as well. I won't go into details since this entry is so long, but we ran into each other at the library today and before we knew it we were chatting about life for half an hour.
Surprising when you realize how many people are struggling the very same problems you are, or even more. It's totally like that Joan of Arcadio episode... That one touches me still.
OH! I got to talk to Kenny today. Everyone should have that joy and privilege. I don't hang out enough with this kid. He's funny, humble, and intelligent. He's a major pimp. Ladies, have at him. I'll hook you up, but don't cry if he disappears in the morning. He's like the wind~ (the Patrick Swayze song... I knew you'd like that one, Kenny-boy)
K, gotta go meet Carli to do research... I hate doing group work, even if the person is cool. I'm a lone worker. Always have been. Stupid education system insists on socializing... Arg. I do plenty of socializing on my own. Although i know people who don't MIND doing group work, I've never seen it to be beneficial. Mostly people who mooch off work like the idea of having lots of people do the work and getting credit for it. Blah. I could have gone home at 3, ate, and relaxed...
Gotta go grocery shopping. Gotta get the homie a present for his first ever "two-digit" Bday. Gotta watch Uncle. Gotta pay bills. Gotta, gotta, gotta.
4:39 PM
|
|
| |
|
|
|
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home