The daily adventures and travails of one neurotic, klutzy, hungry, cynical college girl. Tune in for prizes! (offer void where prohibited. See office for details. Not responsible for lost articles.)
|
|
| |
|
|
| |
|
|
|
|
|
|
| |
Tuesday, November 18, 2003
It's really ironic sometimes- when you ask for things that you don't get right away, you either get upset about it, or you forget it. Then when you get it later, you're either chagrinned or elated, depending on how you acted before.
I have tendencies to be impatient, selfish, and easily angered about what I think I need/want/must have. Controlling this has become an obsession of mine lately.
How do I know how fair life is treating me unless I compare and contrast? But in the outcry of individualism, I shouldn't look to others to find my own peace and happiness. The problem, then, arises that I don't really know what I want. I'm hopeless.
I know that things change between people and that initially, everyone is really excited and eager to please. Soon, that fades away and you're left to deal with the blandness or to move to some other new fad. Confused? Me too. What am I supposed to do when I keep feeling restless and not too content with my current life? Do I upheave what roots I have set down so far and try again somewhere new? That hasn't proved all that successful, only minutely, really. Or do I pull up my sleeves and dig into the back-breaking work of fixing my world around me, one day at a time?
My god, I'm getting verbal.
Lighter side: Blink 182's new CD drops in stores today! I've been sitting on the edge of my seat.
3:18 PM
|
|
| |
|
|
|
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home