The daily adventures and travails of one neurotic, klutzy, hungry, cynical college girl. Tune in for prizes! (offer void where prohibited. See office for details. Not responsible for lost articles.)


























 
Archives
<< current













 
An Alternate Me

Da Homie

My Fave Cuz

Boo is Coo

Will be on TRL soon

Boo Deja Vu

New Boo Too

Ol' man

His number is on the bathroom wall

Voted Most Talkative

Kruddy Buddy

SLO Korean Girl

Brutally Honest

Mulan Rouge!

Angry Kutie

Ghetto White

RuPaul's words of wisdom

Barry Funny"

Dare to be Moore

Best Week Ever!

LA Comfidential

Yum Yum

The yellows

FOUND!

Electric slut

grace@margaretcho.com





























Food For Thought!
 
Friday, May 09, 2003  
It's my boy's birthday today! Yay! Eric is twenty-one (going on twelve...) And I didn't even beat him, like I do all my friends on their birthday. I must be getting soft in my old age. It's been a really, really, really stressful week, but seeing his face light up this morning was pretty theurapeutic. I got to make his the world's best breakfast (I can cook!!), watch him open his present (jeans so he stops exposing himself to elementary school boys and a dress shirt so he can return Andrei's), and drive him to school. LOVELY. That's not all. We went to Sav-On, once it was past midnight and got TGI Friday's blend/mix drink called Strawberry Shortcake. Andrei read tarot cards to me. Apparently I should stop staring at the spilt water and get moving to the castle in the foreground. Pssh, so says YOU.
So full... I had eggs, oatmeal, cupcake, berries, oranges, juice... I think my spleen just exploded from overtime. I don't need to eat for another two weeks, or so.
Weird! My cousin, Gyun Taek, just called me. Wow, I haven't heard from him in ages. He always calls out of the blue like that, and it's weird to try to come up with something to say. It's cool that he cares and that he's doing well.
Also, another event from my life: Linda and I went to Qualcomm Stadium last night to watch Billy Graham and friends. We got there late, due partly to our food coma, partly to the fact we didn't get directions and wound up (that doesn't look right) combing the area thoroughly before begging gas station attendants to lead us the right way. The guy at the Mobil station window gave me this LOOK when i asked how to get there.
Me: Hi, do you know how to get to Qualcomm?
Guy: (pause) Are you going to "that thing"? (the look of curiosity)
Me: (chagrinned and quiet) ...yea...
Guy: (sigh of disappointment) Take this road (points up toward the cigarettes hanging above)
Me: (looks around) Huh?
Guy: (taps glass) That road
Me: which way? (it makes a difference, you know)
Guy: Oh. That way (points left and continues boring directions in slow, stuttering drawl...)
Then i get back in the car with LInda and we procede down the wrong road just to spite him, and also cause Linda doesn't choose to make Uturns. We used whatever sun logic was left that night and finally made it to Qualcomm. We drove into the parking lot (to a supposedly free event, parking was $8) and drove about the lot for twenty minutes, first parking illegally cause everyone else had and God was on our side, then parking in a sweet spot next to a Hot Coals and a Trash Can, clearly marked as such.
Anyway, I'm going home for the weekend, cause it's Momma's Day and cause I want food and money. (I might chicken out on the money part, but i'm starving!) Can't blog at home, so take care, loyal viewers and I'll hit you up on the flip side.
I LOVE MY MOMMY!! XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO Momma Kim...

12:31 PM

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
This page is powered by Blogger.