The daily adventures and travails of one neurotic, klutzy, hungry, cynical college girl. Tune in for prizes! (offer void where prohibited. See office for details. Not responsible for lost articles.)
|
|
| |
|
|
| |
|
|
|
|
|
|
| |
Wednesday, April 02, 2003
Do you ever start to think certain words sound sexy, no matter what their definition is? Like nexus, salamander, or jewel... In Donnie Darko, Drew Barrymore's character explains a certain linguist discovered "cellardoor" as the most beautiful sounding pairing of sounds found in the English language. When you think about it, it IS pretty. But I prefer my two favorite words, in order : idyllwild and ennui. I have no idea what the first means, exactly. It was the name of the camp site I went to in the 8th grade and I remember seeing the weathered wooden sign. It said Welcome to Idyllwild, and I thought "That is the most beautiful word I've seen or heard. I love it." I still do. The second means "extreme boredom." I suffer from ennui. (Pronounced awn-wee, I think it's French)
11:55 AM
|
|
| |
|
|
|
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home