The daily adventures and travails of one neurotic, klutzy, hungry, cynical college girl. Tune in for prizes! (offer void where prohibited. See office for details. Not responsible for lost articles.)
|
|
| |
|
|
| |
|
|
|
|
|
|
| |
Tuesday, February 04, 2003
Sometimes this blog feels like a chore... I'm not bitter, I'm just thinking I've lost perspective. I feel like it's a laundry list of things I do during the day, or mild reflections I make when trying to kill time at work. Since I'm writing this at home, it's list time.
I didn't write my play, and I didn't have the heart to lie to Jeff. I just up and told him that I didn't finish. *shrug* I'm getting tired of keeping up with people's expectations. Fuck it. My mom keeps calling for favors. It's stuff that I either don't know how to do, can't do when she wants me to, or it's stuff that she could do perfectly well on her own. I always thought that I was trying to be independent from my parents, but I realized what I was really trying to do was make sure they were independent of me. I can't be the one to support them all their lives. It's too much pressure for them to think I'll spend my whole life picking up the pieces they leave behind. I need my own life and I can't do that if they're being like this. It's unfair and sad, but I refuse to waste my days feeling guilty or pressured.
Whew. Breathing again. Let's move on to good news. I got a new director and acting partner for THAC126. I'm gonna miss Margo, my first friend in that class, who directed my first scene. But Eric and Jeremiah seem like a fresh change of pace. Especially since I get to beat down Jeremiah. Hmm, I did that last quarter, too. Jeremiah is a cutester, kinda like one of those friends your little brother brings home that you want to feed candies to? Is that too obscure? Anyway, the point is I'm stoked for the new scene, even if the script is awkward and trite.
More good stuff. I had Jamba Juice today. Yum. Then I ran into Denise and she scared me with her stories about severing rat spinal cords, male cat sodomy, fetus dining, and other such "delicate" subjects. And we realized that Dave Hughes is gone. He's at NYU. I was at once sad and a little jealous. He's one of the funniest boys I've met and we need all the funny people we can get at UCSD. I'm also jealous since I've been dying to go to NYU since 9th grade. Ah well. Best of luck to those who make it.
Also, my Mythology class ended early, so Linda suggested Wienerschnitzel (no way am I getting the spelling on that sucker). Jacob ran into the car, literally. He offered to pay for our chili dogs and we were off. We came back to school to watch "40 Days and 40 Nights", with Josh Hartnett. Josh and I have parted our ways, but it was a cute movie. A little cheesy and unrealistic, but sweet nonetheless. And you can't beat the price of $0.
Eric, I can't believe I missed seeing you today! As soon as I heard the message, I immediately checked out the S&E library, but like I said, they hate me there. They gave me dirty looks from behind their physics books so I left after circling twice. I called you as well, but you know me and leaving vocal records. Makes me sudder. Anyway, I'm just procrastinating before I write my play, so I'll stop here.
(Norah Jones "Don't Know Why", 50 Cent "Wangsta", JayZ and Beyonce "03 Bonnie and Clyde", Weezer "My Name is Jonas")
11:58 PM
|
|
| |
|
|
|
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home