The daily adventures and travails of one neurotic, klutzy, hungry, cynical college girl. Tune in for prizes! (offer void where prohibited. See office for details. Not responsible for lost articles.)


























 
Archives
<< current













 
An Alternate Me

Da Homie

My Fave Cuz

Boo is Coo

Will be on TRL soon

Boo Deja Vu

New Boo Too

Ol' man

His number is on the bathroom wall

Voted Most Talkative

Kruddy Buddy

SLO Korean Girl

Brutally Honest

Mulan Rouge!

Angry Kutie

Ghetto White

RuPaul's words of wisdom

Barry Funny"

Dare to be Moore

Best Week Ever!

LA Comfidential

Yum Yum

The yellows

FOUND!

Electric slut

grace@margaretcho.com





























Food For Thought!
 
Tuesday, February 18, 2003  
[Disclaimer: Nothing really substantial to read. The gist of it (jist? gyst? jyeest?): I'm getting a car. Eric got me food. Linda and I can't breathe. Tour buses crash upside down.]
Why, I've neglected my many fans with my infamous and tongue-in-cheek blog! (All three of you were waiting breathlessly, weren't you?) Truth is, there's not much to tell. I'm boring. I rely on a complicated web of lies and modern fairy tales to amuse you. I guess that's pretty interesting in itself, though, right? Okay, so quick (yea right, when am I ever quick?) synopsis of today's events. Actually, the weekend and today. Erg, just all the days I remember. Fuck grammar and consistency in writing.
Okay, guess where I went on Valentine's Day? Don't gasp or anything... Porkyland! Yep, one of the most ghetto-fabulous Mexican "diners" I've set foot in. Andrei says I'm too excited when I tell this story. But I knew the moment I heard of the name, I was destined to go there. It's only fitting for a doh-gir like myself. Eric and I were decked out in fancy-schmanzy wear, so the people looked leeryingly at us, but I didn't care. It's all about messing with their minds. What do you mean tacos don't go with white cotton dresses? (By the way, some people who insist on calling them "tamals", instead of the tamales they are, I can only shake my head at your gringo ways. It's really a lost cause at this point, isn't it?) Anyway, we came back to Gouda cheese, Haagen Daaz ice cream, and caramel cookies. I was in heaven. Someone knew the way to my heart was through artery-congesting foods...
Then I went home for day. You know that movie Amityville House of Horrors? Well, I never saw it, but it seems like it was based on my life. It's unbelievable how your parents can affect you, no matter what your age, success, or status in life. My butt was the source of criticism this weekend, something I didn't see coming. I think I had been drowning my misery in food, cause my dad pointedly told me not to come back if I was trying to eat off them. Although there was a high point where he offered a car for me, even though there are "rules" and a time to pay him back by. Do other parents charge their children interest when they loan them money? I feel like loner here, so let me know. We'll bond and find ways to raise money together.
Here's my new theory. I think I inherited all the crazy traits from my mom and dad. I think my brother got all the good stuff. He's smart, good looking, and kind. He's funny, diverse in talent, and he's a hard worker. There's more but you get the idea. I, however, am impatient, temperamental, ill-humored. I get pissy, lazy, and flaky. I don't trust easy and I'm not reliable. I'm also lost. Where was I when they were handing out the good stuff? How did I get stuck with the dregs? There was a dramatic situation today, involving the loss of my phone (one too many times, i realize, but that's who I am) and I got 18 messages on my phone, all frantic, angry, and urgent. Why are people only calling when I'm not there? And all at once? I was quivering in my shoes to call my dad, since I thought I would be disinherited... Fortunately, he cut off my blathering of excuses by remarking "I trust you. Just be careful next time." It was very Mario Puzo. It was my mom that was bitching and hollering for an hour, cause I disrupted their day, apparently. Sigh. "Can't do nothing for you, man"
Although, they found this car (a Toyota Sienna, which makes me go "Eh, minivan? Can I pass? It's hard enough to park here in La Jolla.") and it's cheap and clean. It even has a CD player, although my mom tends to garble her words, so she might have been saying weed killer for all I know. She's the rationale behind those Sprint commercials. We'll see. I'm not sure I want to pay back my dad for a freaking minivan. I'm not a 40 year old soccermom.
(The following are good thoughts cause, you know, i'm trying to be happy. Yep. That's it.)
You know what I really love? When I get unexpected praise. It's sunshine in a storm. I was barreling from class to class today, but between my trekking around, I ran into a guy from my acting class and he stopped me to say "Good job today" and I turned into mush. I don't even know him, and he took the time to stop me and give me a compliment. I should do that more.
I love doing unseen acts of charity. Doesn't it make you feel like a guardian angel sometimes? I believe in a certain amount of karma. This is a weird thing and see if you can follow it, but when I was going home, I paid for a girl on the bus (about two dollars?) cause she didn't have change. Today, at a store, I didn't have enough, but the girl working there forked over a dollar and some cents so I could buy my food. Don't you think it was meant to be? An eye for an eye? But not in the murdering way... It's circular, I tell ya. Yep. The more you smile, the more smiles you get. (Cheesy? Yea, that's me.)
I also saw Kristen and Lauli at the theater and caught up with everyone. How crazy am I to think of working there again? It's just like family, you can't get away. Kristen called us in (Eric and I) to the movie, Catch Me If You Can, and it was good. I like movies based on true life. It's very artsy. And clever people are the best. I only wish I could be a con man. Er, con woman. Con person?
The highlight of my evening had to be laughing with Linda. I can't remember exactly why we were laughing so hard we had to sit on the ground, gasping for breath, but it was mighty clever, I'm sure! We went to Porter's Pub for dinner where we stuffed ourselves till our eyes glazed over. (I'm not kidding, I couldn't see straight) The girl behind the kitchen threw ranch dressing at me, but I was so nervous about calling my dad, I didn't realize her rude behavior until I was gone. You'd think people who work in bars/pubs would be happier. Then we hiked to Geisel to search for a certain boy who never wants to be found, and is really good at hiding in libraries. People should have a designated SPOT where they can be found in emergency type situations... (Yea, we're talking about you. Look behind you, boy.) We stopped when we couldn't breathe well and went to Price Center for another fruitless search. By this time, I could hear Linda and my irregular breathing. It sounded like two grizzlies after feeding.
We hiked to Clics, again difficult and stressful for two fat ladies (oh it was the POODLES that got us laughing so hard!! Right? And the sack of wet 'taters?) and fell asleep in the room upstairs. Okay, we're sad and old. And out of shape. But DAMN do we have fun~
Wow, have I wasted time. Peace out, bean sprout.

9:20 PM

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
This page is powered by Blogger.