The daily adventures and travails of one neurotic, klutzy, hungry, cynical college girl. Tune in for prizes! (offer void where prohibited. See office for details. Not responsible for lost articles.)
|
|
| |
|
|
| |
|
|
|
|
|
|
| |
Tuesday, February 04, 2003
(Dedicated to "Tracey" and "Timmy".)
It seemed to be like the perfect thing for you and me
It's so ironic you're what I had pictured you to be
But there are facts in our lives we can never change
Just tell me that you understand and feel the same
This perfect romance that I've created in my mind
I'd live a thousand lives each one with you right by my side
But yet we find ourselves in a less than perfect circumstance
And so it seems like we'll never have the chance
Ain't it funny how some feelings you just can't deny
And you can't move on even though you try
Ain't it strange when you're feeling things you shouldn't feel
Oh I wish this could be real
Ain't it funny how a moment could just change your life
And you don't want to face what's wrong or right
Ain't it strange how fate can play a part
In the story of your heart
Sometimes I think that a true love can never be
I just believe that somehow it wasn't meant to me
Life can be cruel in a way that I can't explain
And I don't think that I could face it all again
I barely know you but somehow I know what you're about
A deeper love I've found in you, and I no longer doubt
You've touched my heart and it altered every plan I've made
And now I feel that I don't have to be afraid
I locked away my heart
But you just set it free
Emotions I felt held me back from what my life should be
I pushed you far away
And yet you stayed with me
I guess this means
That you and me were meant to be
When you think about it Jennifer Lopez has the most simplistic, head-scratching lyrics of anyone I've met. I woke up this morning, earlier than should be allowed, and this song firmly stuck in my head. I can't decide if the song is about real love, or if she can't stand their relationship but can't escape from it. In any case, I know what you're thinking, but no, it's not a parallel for my own life. You should know better than that to assume that I'd put my feelings out on the line like that.
Last night was a disappointment as far as boba. Screw milky teas. I'm sticking with snow ices until the day I die. Seriously. Well, first I gotta get that Rose Beauty Ice thingiemajig. It's been my Everest since the day I walked into Tea Station.
I wonder why it is that some people make you feel ornery and argumentative? I didn't mean to "argue" with a friend last night, but somehow we ended up verbally sparring about stupid insignificant matters and I was surprised at myself for not bowing out. There were points where I could have let the issue go and just agreed for politeness sake. But last night, I didn't feel like being the one to give in. I'm not sure I like that about myself. Is it strong or just stubborn? Who can tell when the actual arguing is going on?
I'm not sure what's going on with this blog, but I think I figured out a way. If not, I'll be the only one to access my little scrawlings. Sucks to be the rest of you, cause my blog is GOLD!. Hehehe, Linda keeps teaching me the bold and italic buttons, and I use them every chance I get.
Man, was I eating voraciously yesterday. I woke up and had rice, I got to work and bought a croissant sandwich and coffee (immediately burning my tongue and getting the jitters), then Grace came by with a packed lunch for me, including stickers! And after work, Grace and I went to eat pho (I was finishing the lunch she brought while she was driving to pho) and we came to my apt, where I finished off a few cookies, and we decided to hit boba at 10:30 (I believe I was the catalyst in that event, no one else seemed to particularly want to be there.)
Okay last blurb: I love the song "Cry Ophelia." It's beautiful and I keep getting choked up when it plays. I don't know who sings it, cause i lost my index cards that identified my DC songs. Does anyone know the song? Anyway, I love the name Ophelia, too. I wanted to play her character in junior high, but I got stuck with Queen Gertrude. Blech.
9:17 AM
|
|
| |
|
|
|
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home