The daily adventures and travails of one neurotic, klutzy, hungry, cynical college girl. Tune in for prizes! (offer void where prohibited. See office for details. Not responsible for lost articles.)
|
|
| |
|
|
| |
|
|
|
|
|
|
| |
Monday, February 10, 2003
Aren't TA's the cutest? Especially boy TA's. They're young, smart, and eager to teach in that dorky, happy way that you just have to join in and celebrate. I went to my midterm today, expecting a good harassment, if not a rape. Not so. I knew the answers and I even rechecked! Everyone who has had a class with me KNOWS that I never glance back at a test once I'm done. And no matter how much I know, I rarely take up the whole time. I'm too impatient and I don't care at that point whether more time will benefit me. This morning though, I was a little late, and I had to take a seat, sandwiched between girls who spread out ALL their belongings, blocking my escape from the exam. I sat, twiddling my thumbs until one of them got up and I was free. Then, Chris grabbed me to say that he lost my paper and he couldn't grade it this weekend and did I have another? (He was actually nervous and apologetic! How endearing...) I loved that midterm so much I rewarded myself with a Taro Blended from Peabody's. Mmmm... Taro. My new favorite flavor. I slurped away in section while the other tired looking kids glared in envy (or so I assume was the point of their glaring. I did only get three hours in sleep last night, and I am such a ego-maniac.)
Last night was weird and fun. Linda came back from home and we drove to Clics, got nothing done whatsoever, and proceeded to hunt down food like we always do in the wee hours of the night. Since all the fast food places rejected us blatantly (Oh, yogurt parfait, you will be mine...), we went to Ralphs and stocked up on sandwiches. Then we came home and I studied like I meant it. Somehow, in the morning, I found myself late, on the floor wrapped up in blankets I don't remember spreading out, and HUNGRY. In fact, I'm still hungry. Wait, let me rephrase. I'm at all hours of every day, with no exaggeration, ready to chow down with my homies. I'll eat when I'm sick, tired, sleepy... it doesn't matter. If I can lift my hand to my mouth, I'm good to go. Speaking of which, last night at Ralphs, we spent an hour wandering the aisles, like the aimless losers we are. By the time we got to the checkout line, my left arm had turned gimpy. I couldn't ungnarl it from the twisted position it had acquired from carrying the various sandwich accessories. I felt like Quasimodo. (At this point, I'd like to remind everyone that I have no real point. I just "yammer" cause I feel like it. And cause I want to be loved.) I'm come to realize what a strange and wonderful life it is. Some people still disappoint me with their inherent ways, and I agree with Blanche DuBois in "Streetcar Named Desire" when she declares "I can't stand deliberate cruelty!" It's fucking wrong to hurt someone on purpose and I hope all malicious people get run over repeatedly by a mac truck or a semi. By life itself is pretty good when you stop to think about it. I walked by a cherry blossom tree today and I forgot how beautiful little things are sometimes. Like weeping willows. Those are my favorite trees for life. I can't walk by one without feeling something way too emotional to be normal.
I've decided that I'm just in dire need of a nap. I'm gonna hit the sack HARD when i get home. Mmm hmm. Yup. (songs that are in my head, but you shouldn't judge me by: All the Things You Said, Tatu (weird Russian lesbians who look 13), All I Have To Give, Backstreet Boys, Yesterday by Wilco, Thunderstruck, AC/DC and the oompa loompa song from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.) Ooh does anyone know that song that goes : "he's everything you want, he's everything you need, he's everything inside of you that you wish you could be. he says all the right things at exactly the right time..." blah blah blah. It also has a rad lyric about "another wound to discover." Let me know if this is familiar.
1:40 PM
|
|
| |
|
|
|
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home