The daily adventures and travails of one neurotic, klutzy, hungry, cynical college girl. Tune in for prizes! (offer void where prohibited. See office for details. Not responsible for lost articles.)
|
|
| |
|
|
| |
|
|
|
|
|
|
| |
Friday, January 17, 2003
You know what irks me? People telling me what to do. Is that a bad quality? Selfish, egotistical, and immature? Hmmm, me in a nutshell. Well, to be honest, it peeves me. I don't mind people asking me to do things, I encourage people advising me to do things, and it's necessary that people tell me NOT to do certain things. But I tremendously abhor people ordering me around. Especially when they're telling me things that I know are bullshit. I may not know everything, but please trust in my judgement to find my own way. What is it about me that people feel the need to lecture? My coworker today was insistant about some method of washing corduroy. She was getting pushy about it. I didn't give a crap, and my pants have always lost the stains I accrue, so what's the deal with her perfect laundry recipe? She's the same one that keeps telling me to go outside and take a break. At first, I was touched that she wanted me to rest once in awhile. But it's often freezing outside and I don't need to go do anything. Why should I stand out there, in the wind, for ten minutes while the gardeners leer at me? It makes me go get fatty vending snacks or it makes me feel like smoking again.
Smoking. Man. I always gave my dad a hard time, cause he can't quit smoking. I understand better now. Sometimes, I think I can't think without a cigarette in my hand and toxins in my lungs. I never should have touched one. I blame Landmark Theatres for my vice. Fortunately, I only did it for two months, so quitting was easy. (Says the girl who often stares longingly at tobacco displays.)
Free anime movie tonight. Free suitcase dance following. Anyone interested? (Alex and I are slightly scared of hard core anime fans. If we're in a big group, we'll be fine. Join us.)
1:32 PM
|
|
| |
|
|
|
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home