The daily adventures and travails of one neurotic, klutzy, hungry, cynical college girl. Tune in for prizes! (offer void where prohibited. See office for details. Not responsible for lost articles.)


























 
Archives
<< current













 
An Alternate Me

Da Homie

My Fave Cuz

Boo is Coo

Will be on TRL soon

Boo Deja Vu

New Boo Too

Ol' man

His number is on the bathroom wall

Voted Most Talkative

Kruddy Buddy

SLO Korean Girl

Brutally Honest

Mulan Rouge!

Angry Kutie

Ghetto White

RuPaul's words of wisdom

Barry Funny"

Dare to be Moore

Best Week Ever!

LA Comfidential

Yum Yum

The yellows

FOUND!

Electric slut

grace@margaretcho.com





























Food For Thought!
 
Saturday, January 04, 2003  
It was a long day, but a good one. Loads of adventure whenever you go riding with Linders... We went to the bank, Sav-0ns, RIMAC, Target, Home Depot, the gas station (twice), and Pep Boys. Whoo~ The bank was uneventful, other than the fact that my teller couldn't count. He asked me to do it. Really. At RIMAC, we encountered a girl who we like to call "Jaundicey" now, since her teeth were so yellow and she was rude. I'm sorry, did flirting with stoned boys fall under your job description? I was INDIGNANT to find that the gum I bought at SavOns was cheaper at Target! Twenty minutes and I could have saved twenty cents... And the women at the Home Depot key kiosk (say it out loud, it's funny. Key kiosk!) were CATTY! It was a warm day, and research has shown that higher temperatures account for angry moods. I was boiling with resentment. Fortunately, I was also weak with fatigue and didn't attack.
Here's the good part. We got a tiny bit lost, since I mixed up Clairemont Drive and Clairemont Mesa, and Linda tends to trust my directions (fool that she is). We were getting into boonieville fast. Luckily, I channeled my Cherokee side and used "sun logic" to bring us back home. Linda was skeptical but became a believer when we found the way. Never was the sight of Coldstone Creamery sweeter! I even christened myself with a self-deprecatory Native American name. Wanna know what sun logic is? Course you do. Find the sun and, with the time, figure out whether it's in the west or east. Then try to remember how to face back home. Then drive blindly until you see a familiar landmark. Easy but ingenius! This is what happens when you refuse to ask for directions. You start to give yourself insane methods and "shortcuts".
We went to the gas station to fill the Sex Kitten's tires (that's Linda's car's name. It purrs and it's damn sexy). We had to pawn our keys to get a PSI counter and then didn't understand why the tire pressure kept dropping. The little button has to be pushed to start the machine! Doh. We took thirty years to finish, while a motorcycle and two cars decided to quit waiting for us. The valves were oddly angled, so Linda and I were displaying our assets in the air while pleading the valves to work. Then, a condescending Asian boy with silver aviator sunglasses (you can picture him can't you? With the amused, pitying look?) tried to help us, but NO! We were independent and skilled young women with ambitious goals. Then we drove off, leaving the caps on the hood. We drove back to the gas station, chagrined but determined to find those caps. No such luck other than one bent cap. So we drove to Pep Boys and bought new ones and some washer fluid. We spilled most of the fluid on ourselves and the pavement as we tried cup method and later blind eye judgement. We ran into Henry's (or as I called it, O.Henry's) and used the employee restroom without asking. When we left, the guys looked perplexed to see us emerge from the back.
Then we came home to wipe down the windows, and lo and behold: I find the other three missing caps under the hood where the air vent is! I could have cried. It's like the universe was bored and decided to mess with my head tonight. In any case, I felt efficient getting all these chores done. I may plan on an errand-a-day, but I always find myself running about until I come home exhausted. I'm off to cook some curry and watch the finale of the Bachelor. I'll practice being surprised when Helene is proposed to. It'll come in handy for acting auditions.

7:18 PM

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
This page is powered by Blogger.