The daily adventures and travails of one neurotic, klutzy, hungry, cynical college girl. Tune in for prizes! (offer void where prohibited. See office for details. Not responsible for lost articles.)
|
|
| |
|
|
| |
|
|
|
|
|
|
| |
Friday, January 17, 2003
I'm in a dismal mood today. I shouldn't be, since it's Friday and we have three full days off this weekend. But the morning didn't start off well, and you know when you wake up unhappy, the day is already shot. I had a disturbing dream where my friend began to chase me down city streets because of a tv reality show. I think the premise was, you hunt down your friends, even though they don't know about the show. So I was scared when my alarm went off and then I realized that I had only gotten 4 hours of sleep the night before. I HATE it when I lose sleep. I'm tired, irritable, and irrational. So, instead of getting ready, I lay in bed for half an hour, muttering to myself about the bad chi in my life. It's funny how I tend to focus on negative stuff, especially when I'm in a foul temperament.
When I finally got up and dressed, I went to eat some breakfast. I ended up gorging on cheesecake, an old frozen tamale, and a soggy vitamin. I left my healthy granola bar on the counter, now that I think about it. The tamale made me feel even worse. Then I spied the trash in the kitchen. Why is it that we leave the stupid bag until it's overflowing and toxic? I don't know if I'm the only one who feels this way, but I'm sick of untidyness. It doesn't bother me most days. I'll just take out the trash and forget about it. But today, it felt like every time I turn, the trash can is waiting to engulf me, and my constant battle against it is waning. I was at boiling point. It didn't help that when I took it to the trash chute, the stupid bag exploded on me. My new pants, new boots, and hands were disgustingly marked with the evil that spewed from our trash. I couldn't even breathe when the bag was near. It hurt my sinuses. (I'm not exaggerating that.) I stormed back to wash my hands and avoided eye contact. I didn't trust myself to be civil this morning.
Right now, I realize that our apartment janitors will have to deal with the mess in the trash chute area. Now I've caused someone else's morning to be shitty, and this circle of hell will continue. There are just some days you can't win.
I'm at work and all I could think about was: if I didn't have a job, I'd be in bed taking a long, luxurious nap. I'd have time to do my chores (laundry is just as bad as the trash), time for my friends, and time for studying. It makes me sad that this will be the pattern of my future. I'm lugubrious.
Even my eyelids are sore and heavy. I don't want to think about this day anymore. I'm sorry to those of you who expected witty remarks on current events. I'm too pensive and indignant today to be funny.
I don't want to leave this blog so unhappy, so anyone who's reading this, let me invite you to our apt for SuperBowl Sunday. I think we're having a cookout. There will be food, no doubt, and good times to be had. The theme seems to be "We don't care about the game, really. Bring on the food!" Let us know if you're coming. And bring some interesting dish, we love sharing new foods!
12:46 PM
|
|
| |
|
|
|
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home