The daily adventures and travails of one neurotic, klutzy, hungry, cynical college girl. Tune in for prizes! (offer void where prohibited. See office for details. Not responsible for lost articles.)
|
|
| |
|
|
| |
|
|
|
|
|
|
| |
Saturday, January 04, 2003
I feel so freaking old right now. My body is utterly rejecting my offers of peace. Bitch won't relax! I feel tired and sore and bloated. It might be the last two days that did it. I went to dinner with Chris and David, Linda's sister and her bf, and Linda. CPK, yum~ They even fronted the bill, which included our dinners AND desserts (Linda and I were trying to make up for the skanty dinners we usually settle for). I love when people unexpectedly pay for me. I don't want it to happen all the time, like charity, but once in awhile, it feels special. Chris, David, thank you for the ride and dinner, I almost feel like family! We saw sexual Dan greeting the people, as Linda insisted on calling him... Of course, he tragically called me Grace HWA, when we were leaving. But it's all good, I ain't mad at you! *grumble* I swear the waiter had a big crush on Linda. He was spastic around her, as you can read in her journal. What she forgot to mention is that he was CUTE and that he paid for our dessert, since her jeans were ruined. Casey B., I'm on to you!
Then we decided to see LOTR The Two Towers, cause hello?? We invited Linda's friend Kenny and went to the 10 o'clock show. We got there really early, but I saw my old manager, Anthony, who hooked us up with free tickets. YEA! I knew I worked at Landmark for some reason. I'm gonna finagle my way into Chicago sometime this week. I gotta start watching the films of the posters I have on my walls. Richard Gere stands tall in our dining space and I don't know why he's looking so smug... Oh, and at AMC, I got to see this thuggish girl hit on Kenny, which I believed to be genuine, but apparently was set up by Kenny's stoned friend who works there as well. Either way, watching people flirt is funnnnny. Especially when they think they're hot shit.
The movie was awesome. I was proud of myself for actually keeping my eyes open during the gory battles. But then again, watching orcs and weird hog-hippos creatures get slaughtered is different than seeing people shed blood. Man, too many hot guys in that movie. I was having conniptions. And these guys were gone for three years to film the trilogy? No wonder we had such a dry spell! Them boys were liquid magma! I throughly enjoyed Legolas when he surfed down the castle on a shield. I love extreme sport boys and Orlando Bloom is famous for being an extremist. All he needs is a sexy lip ring like Tom DeLonge. Ah... My favorite line in the movie was Gollum/Smiegle's when Sam cooks the rabbits "Stupid, fat hobbit!" I couldn't help cracking up! Poor Sam... Sam Astin had to gain weight for the role, and now they're calling him FAT! The look Sam gave was priceless. It was too much. And I loved how Linda was the loudest laugh in the theater when the tree put himself out from fire. Everyone who knows Linda knows the infectious effect she has on laughter.
Okay, so LOVE the movie, but hated the fact that it was 2 or 3 by the time I hit the sack. I had to wake up early (read 6) and go to the train station to get to LA for a doctor's appointment. Linda was kind enough to offer me rides to and from the station. My mom knew how upset I was, and even made so bold as to say it wouldn't happen next year when I have a car... (are verbal contracts legally binding in the state of California?) Anyway, I almost missed the train twice that day, and it wasn't fun racing through Union Station like a criminal on the lam. I thought my lungs were gonna explode. Damn the holidays and the lack of exercise that accrues. I wasn't a very pretty sight, both when I was gasping for breath, like a dying fish, or when I was sprawled on the seats, snoring away between stops. Stupid Amtrak seats aren't even comfortable enough to sleep on.
Fortunately, my mom took me to a big lunch. Yay. She even bought me food to take on the train. Not that I felt like eating after running to track 10 (yea, the second last track from the entrance) to reach the train during final boarding call. And my arm was useless, anyway. It's still sore from hand to shoulder. The stupid doctor's assistant was cruel yesterday! I'll tell you in person what she said to me, since it's just weird and nonsequiter. She's got issues with me. She even took more blood than necessary from me and admitted it afterward! I don't know what it is I do to piss people off.
Linda and I were watching The Bachelor last night. A little late, I know, but I refused to watch it when it was airing on ABC. Anyway, since we know who he picked, we were busy finding "clues" that indicated he wanted Helene from the start. I'm indignant (my word for the week) that Aaron didn't pick Gwen. Whenever she cries, my heart goes out to her. Of course, women who degrade themselves by entering the show make me (watch for it) indignant. Get a life! Get a date! This is why I'm glued to watching Joe Millionaire! That is the best concept Fox has created in the reality show genre. I can't wait.
I'm SO happy to see that sexy Bronco is back. Linda and I even caught Bronco Boy for the first time. He even lives on our floor. He lives with the boys who refused us internet access late one night, when Linda was desperate for help. Stupid, fat hobbit. (Well, the Asian boy whom we talked to WAS short and fat and stupid) Anyone with a car like that is someone we should be friends with, but then again, he lives with the stupid boys who can't even park straight. Quandary. But then again, you can't judge a person by their roomies. I've had roomies that were plain crazy and drove me up the wall. I wouldn't want to be associated with the permeating psycho-ness.
Courteny, if you read this, I want details and they better be juicy. None of this good girl crap you've been claiming. I should be flushed after hearing about your "adventures."
This is a fucking long entry. I must be making up for my LA trip. Sorry to those who were getting comfortable with the paragraph entries. Live and learn.
11:07 AM
|
|
| |
|
|
|
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home