The daily adventures and travails of one neurotic, klutzy, hungry, cynical college girl. Tune in for prizes! (offer void where prohibited. See office for details. Not responsible for lost articles.)


























 
Archives
<< current













 
An Alternate Me

Da Homie

My Fave Cuz

Boo is Coo

Will be on TRL soon

Boo Deja Vu

New Boo Too

Ol' man

His number is on the bathroom wall

Voted Most Talkative

Kruddy Buddy

SLO Korean Girl

Brutally Honest

Mulan Rouge!

Angry Kutie

Ghetto White

RuPaul's words of wisdom

Barry Funny"

Dare to be Moore

Best Week Ever!

LA Comfidential

Yum Yum

The yellows

FOUND!

Electric slut

grace@margaretcho.com





























Food For Thought!
 
Friday, January 24, 2003  
Do you ever wonder how much people miss you when you're not around? If you weren't constantly a presence in their lives, would they notice your absence? It's hard to imagine how quickly you'd be forgotten if you left. Related to this, I came across an old email (trying to clean up my hotmail account, damn the tiny limit) and it was from a girl in my high school. She wasn't really a close friend of mine. In fact, I didn't even know we were friends until she started emailing me after graduation. I had spoken to her occasionally, awkwardly, and superficially. When she emailed me, I was surprised and pleased that she indicated a friendship between us. (I'm always happy to be considered a friend) I haven't spoken to her in a year, since I'm a terrible correspondent, but reading her emails again made me realize that I had forgotten all about her. And that led to my reminiscing about other forgotten friends from my past. I even thought back to elementary days, of friends that are only memories now. I miss them and wonder where they are now, ie Valerie Silver.
Valerie was a half Korean, half Polish girl (most of my childhood friends are mixed races, now that I think about it) in the fourth grade who became my best friend, despite the fact that we were different as night and day. She was bold, energetic, and extremely self-confident. I was shy, careful, and bashful. I think we had an understanding. I was her biggest fan, and she was the one pushing me to my limits. Valerie was one of the few friends I had that my father liked. He was impressed by her spirit, as was many other people. I remember only a few moments that Valerie cried. Her father died when were in the third grade and years after, I handed many a sobbing phone call. A substitute teacher (Cliff Gordon, the best sub I've ever had, he re-enacted several Shakespeare plays as one man shows for us) got impatient with her and directly yelled at her "Elvis is dead. He has left the damn building." Elvis, Madonna, and Michael Jackson were her biggest idols. She was devastated to hear our beloved Mr. Gordon say that. Another time, our "friend" Esther called Valerie spoiled. She WAS privileged, since her father owned a hugh seafood conglomerate, or something. But being called spoiled was her greatest injustice. Esther was a weird bitch anyway. I have too many ill memories of her that I don't want to surface.
Anywho, this is a long, introspective blog. I'm at work and my new boss is so far, so good. I'll write again later!

10:09 AM

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
This page is powered by Blogger.