The daily adventures and travails of one neurotic, klutzy, hungry, cynical college girl. Tune in for prizes! (offer void where prohibited. See office for details. Not responsible for lost articles.)
|
|
| |
|
|
| |
|
|
|
|
|
|
| |
Thursday, January 02, 2003
At the end of the day, I'm grateful. It's not all peaches and cream, but overall, I'm lucky to be living my life. It's not that things are much better, but I've decided not to dwell to hard on it. I'm tired of getting upset over people who don't seem to care that what they say and do can hurt me. If they don't give a rat's ass, neither do I. I'm letting them win, if I break down and weep. That isn't like me, and it must be the holidays. Fucking holidays, I hate this time of year. Anyway, my new year was off to a rocky start with crappy people, but I'm gonna dismiss all that's happened. What happened is over. It's the past, and no indication of the year ahead. I have friends who are exceptionally good to me, I lucked out twice family-wise, since I couldn't ask for a better mother or a cooler brother, and I'm satisfied (most of the time) with myself and how far I've come. There's no need for me to feel unworthy. I spit on those cretins who tried to bring me down to their muck-ridden level. Like Stephen from my old work said to me once, "If you wrestle with pigs, you'll only get dirty." True that. A few weeks later, Stephen got fired for yelling at and mooning a customer who wouldn't take her cigarette outside. I don't know how to explain that anecdote, except he's probably passing on such gems to other young, impressionable girls now. Ah, wise Steve....
6:25 PM
|
|
| |
|
|
|
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home