The daily adventures and travails of one neurotic, klutzy, hungry, cynical college girl. Tune in for prizes! (offer void where prohibited. See office for details. Not responsible for lost articles.)


























 
Archives
<< current













 
An Alternate Me

Da Homie

My Fave Cuz

Boo is Coo

Will be on TRL soon

Boo Deja Vu

New Boo Too

Ol' man

His number is on the bathroom wall

Voted Most Talkative

Kruddy Buddy

SLO Korean Girl

Brutally Honest

Mulan Rouge!

Angry Kutie

Ghetto White

RuPaul's words of wisdom

Barry Funny"

Dare to be Moore

Best Week Ever!

LA Comfidential

Yum Yum

The yellows

FOUND!

Electric slut

grace@margaretcho.com





























Food For Thought!
 
Tuesday, December 10, 2002  
I usually end up the butt of the jokes around here. Humor is important to me, so I don't mind all that much. There was a time when I felt like a loser because it seemed all I was good for was a laugh. It seemed no matter what I did, all my friends were constantly making fun of me. This is hard to deal with in high school, especially. When I vowed it would change in college, it only became more apparent that I was the funny girl. I cannot relay to you how many people call me weird!
Recently, I took another look at the lighthearted jabs I receive. I had an epiphany, or at least, a revelation. It's not always easy to play the fool, but it makes people feel better. I enjoy seeing the laughter in my friends' eyes. If I have to sacrifice some dignity, so what? It's all in good fun. It's not as if I don't get to put in my two cents! (And do I!)
Also, I'm honing in on my comedy skills. Those should come in handy when I write. Playwriting was an interesting experience. I purposely wrote a serious play, since that's my weakest area. I was envious of all the talented people I met. Who knew the world held such funny, smart writers? There's a lot of competition out there. I'm still glad to have met them all. When humor is your best feature, you admire good humor in others as well. You know what I could do that would be a happy career? Being a writer for a comedy series... (like SNL, but wittier!) I need to find something soon! We graduate and then comes the real world... Boo.

10:18 AM

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
This page is powered by Blogger.